Dear UAHS PTO members,
As the 2015-2016 year comes to a close we wanted to take this time to THANK YOU for being a member. Because of the tremendous support of our parents and staff, the PTO was able to provide these additional services to the schools.
Funded Mini Grants:
- Bought supplies for a newly acquired 3D printer to be shared with the math and science departments
- Purchased 3 Wacom tablets and cases for art students to work on digital paintings
- Purchased STEM supplies for a project on gliders for the physical science classes
- Purchased 2 robots and 4 sets of Pi 3’s for a newly formed AP computer science class
- Helped support the winter musical, The Mystery of Edwin Drop
- Helped bring Clint Smith, poet and educator, to the high school for Black History Month
- Supported the purchase of a camera for the yearbook and art department
- Purchased a new refrigerator cart for the nurse’s office
- Purchased a BluRay burner and DVDs for the Media Arts students
- We purchased 2 new refrigerators for the teacher’s lounge. The 200 staff members were using one that was barely working. We filled it with ice cream treats the first week of school too.
- Our CeleBEARty Wait Night, led by Janice Walsh and Cindy Tzagournis, raised $17,000 for new furniture for the Learning Center
- The Board approved $10,000 from our reserves to be used for new furniture for the Learning Center
Events we supported:
- Christy Michael and her team hosted a new student luncheon for about 30 students
- Kristin Greenberg created a new website and easy payment options for us. Please visit www.uahspto.org to get the latest news
- Barri Jones made sure we had beautiful black and gold flowers at the school in the fall and spring
- Our numerous principal coffees were successful thanks to Diane Hobson, Kathy Amore, Julie Grove, and Kristi Gallucci
- Our teachers were shown our appreciation with cookies at the holidays, treats after a staff meeting and several small tokens of our appreciation during Teacher Appreciation Week which culminated in a breakfast for the 200 staff members led by Stacy Lilly
- The PTO will be handing out 2 $1000 scholarships in May to deserving seniors who have given back to the school. Thanks to our chair, Debbie Jerman and her committee, Amy Winslow and Maria Arend. Check out our website after May 16 to see who these 2 winners are.
- Our Cum Laude members had a wonderful luncheon banquet organized by Kelly Mitchell
- Fran Conty set up a lovely National Honor Society reception after the induction
- Our teachers were treated to 2 conference dinners this year thanks to Danielle Whitcomb
- Our science fair judges didn’t go hungry thanks to Julie Leff and Claudia Weisberg
- We supported our Poetry Outloud students with tshirts for their competition
- Kelle Eubank made sure that we had plenty of volunteers for Textbook Pick Up Day
- Ali Scott made sure we had coffee at every meeting along with cookies/water at Open House
- We hosted a successful Secrets of a High School Parents meeting thanks to Claudia Weisberg and her team of parent experts
Thanks also to our wonderful Board this year:
Claudia Weisberg – President Elect
Julie Leff – Treasurer
Katrina Ruscilli – Treasurer – Elect
Kristin Greenberg – Webmaster
Emily Gerber – Membership/Secretary
Our Board will remain the same next year except for our new treasurer elect, Jenny DeCapua, and our new President Elect, Cathy Pultz coming on and Kellie Ali and Julie Leff leaving. Thank you to our nominating committee for helping us fill these positions: Stacey Hall, Diane Hobson and Karen Ballou.
We do still have some openings and ways to get involved next year. If you are interested, please contact Claudia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining the PTO now for next year, please go to http://uahspto.org/2016-2017-membership-form/. It will be one less thing for you to do when school starts in August.
Lastly, it’s time to re-enroll for the new year of Kroger Community Rewards. You need to re-enroll in the month of April in order to continue contributing to your organization through the May 1st 2016 to April 30th 2017 year.
To enroll your Kroger Plus card go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Click “sign-in”. Put your email address and password that you used to enroll your card. Click on your name at the top right, scroll to the bottom for Community Rewards. Look for Upper Arlington High School PTO and click enroll.
Thank you for a wonderful year and for all that you do for our school!
UAHS PTO President
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here